Re: Old Brinks panel and keypad

Chris Wrote:

>I'm hoping someone can identify a year for this system...
>
>http://www.sacmonitoring.com/Pages/Keypad_and_Panel_Big_Pages/BrinksOld.htm
>
>...on this site it's mentioned the first keypad was used in the 80's
>and the second keypad was used in the 90's.

You can't go by the keypad look.  From the look of the panel can, it's a
BHS-2000 series circa 1995-2001.

>I'm curious as I have a takeover to do, obviously with a new panel and
>keypad at the very least,

Obviously.  You'll also want a siren, the old panels used speakers and a
built-in siren driver.

> and haven't seen one of these systems (not a
>lot of Brinks panels around here).  The panel looks nearly identical
>except it also includes a list of parts Brinks would want back in the
>event of time travel.  The keypad he has is the 90's version as above,
>only much more yellowed and ready for a dumpster.

Tell the customer to keep the panel and KP just in case Broadview asks.
Chances are slim to none that they will, unless the Cx broke their
contract.

>Just to add to the fun, apparently this system was also taken over by
>ADT at some point.  Not sure how they re-programmed it???

I doubt that's true, ADT corporate would not do that.

An independant ADT "authorized dealer" I wouldn't put it past though.
They probably had a programmer ripped off by a former emplyee, or they
bought one on the 'underground' market.