Re: DMP

"jamesa" <fligen_at_fligen_dot_com@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:50805$4df6f925$451cfb68$25489@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> responding to http://www.secure-gear.com/security-physical/DMP-28286-.htm
> jamesa wrote:
> Dont know if this tread is dead or not, but we are now using DMP and are
> very happy, also there is a company armedup.com that has a web app and a
> iphone app for there panels GREAT service. we are mostly using the XTL cut
> our installs in 1/2

I bought out a company several years ago who had a lot of DMP.  DMP tried to
use that as leverage to railroad me, but I finally got it all settled in the
end.  Took me several years, but it all washed out in the end.  I found
their panels to be ok, but a step or two behind feature development of some
other brands most of the time in technology.  I had a problem with some of
their panels just locking up.  No matter what you did you couldn't get it
working again.  I found something (forgot what now) that would fix some of
them that DMP tech support never told me about when I called them.  They
just said, "buy a new panel from us."  I still have 30 or 40 of them in
service.  They may have improved, but the DMP panels I have in service from
that time are sensitive to battery condition.  Often a panel acting
erratically would resolve itself with a new battery even if the panel had
not indicated any battery conditions.

They are what they are.  If their proprietary distribution structure allows
you to market yourself in a profitable manner, and the features are adequate
to meet the needs of your clients then it's as good a brand for you as any.

.
.
.
.
.
.
See guys.  I can be diplomatic if I try.  LOL.