Re: Comcast want to supply your security

On Jun 11, 9:41=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 10:25=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >http://consumerist.com/2011/06/would-you-trust-comcast-with-your-home...
>
> > Yet another know nothing corporation like GE going to have its ass
> > handed to it by entering security arena.
>
> Slightly different situation here, GE is a manufacturer where Comcast
> is a provider. I'm curious to see what equipment they use.
>
> GE may or may not have "had it's ass handed them" but they did at
> least pour tons of money updating several minor into one big player.

Some of which no longer exist and others that no longer have any
identity.

I don't know that ... that is a good thing.

I still can't seem to wrap my head around Honeywell, GE or UT being
anykind of knowledgeable player in the security hardware industry. Now
that they've eaten up most of the major players .....  I seem to be
waiting for them to spit em out.

It's just a guess but it seems to me that the next chapter in the
coming years should bring about a whole new group of start up companys
that can develop, manufacture and quickly accomodate what the majority
of the installing trade wants. Since most of the trade consists of
small installing companys, that kind of manufacturing would seem to be
a better match up, rather than with the mega giants who don't have a
clue.