Re: Changing the call out phone number??

On May 30, 12:26=A0am, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bob La Londe Wrote:
>
> >Fun, no. =A0I have seen hundreds if not thousands of guys like you come =
and go
> >on this newsgroup. =A0D=E9j=E0 vu. =A0All over again...
>
> Isn't part of the group's charter to help DIY'ers as well as Pro's?

No it isn't

You have no way to confirm someone really is a DIY'er. For all you
know he's screwing with someone else's system. You also have no way to
tell if that person is competent to program anything or if he's still
under contract. In other words you know nothing about him or even if
it is a "him"

Openly guiding a person like this through anything borders on stupid

> Over the years we all have seen hundreds of posts like this, but the
> answer the OP gets varies. =A0There was a time when many of 'us' (tinu)
> would tell him how to get into programming, provide a link to a manual,
> and step him through the process. =A0Have not seen much of that lately,
> except for RCH's reply.

For good reason