Re: Opinions on backup reporting devices

On Jul 13, 9:05=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 11, 9:52=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 6, 10:14=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > I have a problem with some of the backup wireless devices that are
> > > being promoted and being =A0used today that don't promote or provide =
for
> > > redundancy reporting.
>
> > > In the past, when setting up back up radio devices, the back up devic=
> > > reported at the same time as the land line dialer. Now days, I find
> > > that even though the devices are now capable of sending CID .... they
> > > never send an alarm signal unless the dialer doesn't detect a dial
> > > tone. And anyone I talk to about this just doesn't think that it
> > > matters.
>
> > > Any one have thoughts on this?
>
> > It depends on how you set up the panel, you can have redundant or
> > backup reporting with Honeywell panels and AlarmNet cell/IP devices,
> > with TelGuard and Uplink you are limited to either cell primary or
> > backup.
>
> > What cell units are you specifically talking about?
>
> The device that comes to mind is the DSC units. But there are others
> that do the same thing.
>
> It's redundant but you can't get CID, only single digit reporting and
> if I remember right, you have to have individual triggers for each
> type of signal sent and I think there's a maximum of 3. ( Since my
> first bad experience I haven't tried it since, so they may be
> different now)

I don't know where you get your info but they all can do CID

Telular does dialer capture, supports and sends 4x2, CID, SIA, and
Radionics Modem as backup or primary
Uplink does dialer capture, supports 4x2, CID and SIA and Radionics
Modem backup or primary
DSC does dialer capture or keybus connection, supports CID primary
(might be backup too, I forgot)
AlarmNet does dialer capture or keybus connection, supports CID backup
or primary

You may be thinking of the old stuff?