Re: GE SIMON XT / ADEMCO LYNXX

Aaron Robinson Wrote:

>I'm deciding between the Simon XT and the Ademco Lynxx. It's for a 2
>bedroom apartment. I will need 2 PIRS and 5 Door/
>window sensors maybe a smoke detector down the track.  I also like the
>ability of wireless keypads so the main unit can
>be hidden away. I need to know a little about the systems

Why would you buy a Lynx if you're gonna hide it?  Buy a Honeywell
Vista-15p with a 6160RF keypad.  The only wire to run will be the
keypad, AC power, telephone line, and siren.  You could do that with a
"one wall wonder" (as we called them at P-1).  Control panel inside of
closet, keypad right behind it on the same wall, same with siren, and
power if you're lucky.  Phone line might be the most challenging, but
even then....  so what?

The installers here don't buy from homesecuritystore.com, that's retail
pricing.