Re: Old Brinks panel and keypad

On Jun 30, 5:02=A0am, G. Morgan <G_Mor...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chris Wrote:
>
> >I'm hoping someone can identify a year for this system...
>
> >http://www.sacmonitoring.com/Pages/Keypad_and_Panel_Big_Pages/BrinksO...
>
> >...on this site it's mentioned the first keypad was used in the 80's
> >and the second keypad was used in the 90's.
>
> You can't go by the keypad look. =A0From the look of the panel can, it's =
> BHS-2000 series circa 1995-2001.

Well I've taken over older... still borderline antique though.

> >I'm curious as I have a takeover to do, obviously with a new panel and
> >keypad at the very least,
>
> Obviously. =A0You'll also want a siren, the old panels used speakers and =
> built-in siren driver.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check that and not be too surprised if it
doesn't work.

> > and haven't seen one of these systems (not a
> >lot of Brinks panels around here). =A0The panel looks nearly identical
> >except it also includes a list of parts Brinks would want back in the
> >event of time travel. =A0The keypad he has is the 90's version as above,
> >only much more yellowed and ready for a dumpster.
>
> Tell the customer to keep the panel and KP just in case Broadview asks.
> Chances are slim to none that they will, unless the Cx broke their
> contract.
>
> >Just to add to the fun, apparently this system was also taken over by
> >ADT at some point. =A0Not sure how they re-programmed it???
>
> I doubt that's true, ADT corporate would not do that. =A0
>
> An independant ADT "authorized dealer" I wouldn't put it past though.
> They probably had a programmer ripped off by a former emplyee, or they
> bought one on the 'underground' market.

I would assume it was a dealer takeover as it's a residential
account.  The other option is they just changed decals, told them to
cancel with Brinks, started billing them for non-existant monitoring,
and hoped the alarm never went off.  Sadly, I've seen this done (not
by ADT).

- Chris