Re: No glass break tube install a piece of wire in Pull Station ? WTF

jewellfish Wrote:

>I have encountered the same fix, although in my case the repair had
>been made with an old wooden fireplace match (head still attached).  I
>thought, well, at least if there was a fire the head would catch,
>pretty quick, and burn through allowing the handle to drop...

I don't know what old pull-stations you two are talking about.  The ones
like that I've worked on have a toggle switch behind the unit that is
not "easily" actuated by the force of gravity.  In fact, the glass
doesn't hold up the actuator; it's there to visually inspect which one
was pulled on-purpose.  It also acts as a psychological barrier to
prevent some kid pulling it.

I've seen a ton of them without the glass and the little flip actuator
stays up by design. not held up by the glass/match/dowel.