Re: alarm receiver emulators

"G. Morgan"  a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
au4tj6h0btrabuth0e3kkbm3t93ch7fgdv@xxxxxxxxxx

technomaNge <billy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 01/24/2011 10:54 AM, G. Morgan wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a software based alarm receiver emulator?  I
>> want the panel to dial a number and have the emulator pick-up and
>> generate the proper tones for a successful kiss off.  I would
>> prefer it run in Linux.
>>
>> I happened across this one:
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+AlarmReceiver
>>
>> But I don't see a d/l link.
>

>Asterisk is a PBX.  Google for that.
>I'm guessing the Alarm Receiver is a module you can
>add to the Asterisk software.

Yup, I got the Asterisk NOW DVD that has Asterisk, Free PBX, and a
Linux build.  I have not installed that package yet.

What I have so far is Twilio and Open VBX up and running.  If I
can install Asterisk to what I already have working that would be
cool.

try running this in virtualbox www.virtualbox.org.

its very easy to setup any OS on windows/linux/OSX and more, way better and
fast then microsoft virtual pc, and its only a damn file, just back up the
virtual hd after installation and you are good to go and mess up anything.
copy back the virtual hd over the live one to go back to a fresh install..

And the best part, its free..