Re: All American Monitoring

Jim,
Ever had the phone company equipment alter the tones to the point that CID
were transmitted as one thing  but were received  as another?

Some places  in our region of this state  it had happened..    AT&T,   gota
love-em....

RTS

"Jim Rojas"  wrote in message news:zVH_o.1933$4h5.1354@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RockyTSquirrel wrote:
> several small thing  but the biggest  was  alarm dispatching for test
> signals..
>
> their night crew just could not understand the difference of test
> signals from alarm signals
>
> and that was using 3 x 1 format..
>
> we logged apx.. 50 false dispatch's in a little over 4 months...
>
> RTS
>

> "JoeRaisin" wrote in message
>
> On 1/22/2011 9:42 AM, RockyTSquirrel wrote:
>> used em for a short time in the distant past, 3rd rate back then, don't
>> know about now...
>>
>> RTS
>>

> What problem did you have?

That's one reason why I use only automated reporting, like Contact ID
and SIA.

Jim Rojas
Technical Manuals Online!
http://www.tech-man.com