Re: Replacing Radionics with Vista 20P

responding to
http://www.secure-gear.com/security-physical/Replacing-Radionics-with-Vista-20P-58645-.htm
d_romprey wrote:

Christopher Glaeser wrote:

> I am replacing an old Radionics with a new Vista 20P.  A VOM indicates
> that
> the Radionics EOLR value is 1K.  The Vista 20P expects 2K.  The wiring
> was
> installed during construction of the home, and replacing the installed
> EOLRs
> is likely not an option.  What is the recommended solution?  Put another
> 1K
> in series at the panel?

> Best,
> Christopher

Are you sure you are using the right panel for this application? The place
was never wired properly by all appearances.Meeting code is going to be a
real issue. What kind of wire was used , is it a four wire because if it
is you only need two (unless you have 4-wire smoke detectors)in that case
if you have extra wire you can wire each device with a feed pair and a
return pair. If it is all in 2-wire your only real solution would be to
use zone expanders to cover each device( 4219's and they use 1K resistors
) or upgrade the panel to one with a polling loop and use modules
(4193sn)which would be a better fit but also more costly.