Re: Bridge Rectifiers - NEVERMIND Less than $3.00 each new

On Jan 10, 8:50=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 3:16=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in messagenews:igf70p$r48$1=
@news.eternal-september.org...

> > >I am working retrofitting a control system (hobby stuff - (industrial
> > >hobby)) and I was considering reusing some of the components. =A0One o=
f the
> > >things is a 230-60V transformer that feeds into a modularized bridge
> > >rectifier to produce 84VDC under load. =A0The transformer is fine, the=
 caps
> > >(BIG caps) need to be tested, but I was wondering if the diodes in the
> > >rectifier have a predictable service life? =A0I can make my own easily=
 enough
> > >with a handful of heavy diodes, but I really like the neat packaging o=
> > >this modular one. =A0One less thing to have to bread board. =A0 This i=
s NOT a
> > >low current application.
>
> > Nevermind. =A0I just looked for the heck of it. =A0400V 25 amps. =A02.7=
5 each new.
> > ROFL.
>
> That's hardly worth the skin off your fingers ..... it took to type
> the question. ;-)

I pulled a Sq-D rectifier out of service for door chime service last
year that was still working but not needed that was built in 1934
pretty amazing how long some of that old stuff holds up.
I have a 1940s era  1000 watt AM  Collins transmitter up at  the
station we keep in reserve duty and it fires up every few weeks and is
strong as ever. I got pictures of it on my face book wall all fired up
with the tubes lighted pretty cool.