Re: Anyone use Honeywell 7845 AlarmNet Cellular backup?

responding to
http://www.secure-gear.com/security-physical/Anyone-use-Honeywell-7845-AlarmNet-Cellular-backup-8901-.htm
adintechie wrote:
With any of the Ademco GSM units I have used, if you want to use contact
ID
output from the panel, you need their digital capture board to work with
the
panel. Other option, DSC's GSM has it built in & is less expensive. You
also
can't remote program through the Alarmnet unit as it needs total control
of the
phone line. You also lose the dialer with GSM backup with the Alarmnet
unit
because of it taking total control of the dial output.

Total nerd wrote:
> Has anyone used the Honeywell 7845CV2 Cellular backup device through
> AlarmNet?
> http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsce/products/alarm/re/34407.html
> I\'m wondering how easy this would be to hook up to an existing Napco
> Gemini P3200 and to have it dial my existing central station company if
> the phone line should fail, etc?
> Thanks

Don at Adin.ca
Tech support.