Using sounder smokes with out reversing relay

Went to buy some smokes from alarm supply house other day and along
with the smokes I picked up the reversing relay that makes them all
sound on the line if any single unit activates . Makes sense want to
wake the house up right?
Counter guy tells me congratulations your one of the only dealers who
buys the relay when you purchase the smokes.
He then asks why are others not buying it and how are they installing
the smokes to work properly good ?
either they are not using them at all  and allowing one smoke
activated sound or
they are using a cheaper burg relay to do it a very dangerous choice.
In either case how are they getting this by AHJ if there being used
for primary service?

I say it shows installer and alarm dealer ignorance and lack of
education
or outright greed by not using it one more dollars profit.. What do
you think?