Re: OT: United Nations Gun control

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Do you think individuals whose firearms transactions have been tracked for
>years will be able to standup to armed swat teams who standby while officers
>serve them individually with papers to turn over all of their guns?

What, those guns?  Nahh, I sold them at a gun show.

>Will you personally stand by yourself and die and put your family at risk of
>death or imprisonment to keep your guns?

Possibly, in the event of a revolution.  Which probably would
occur if your scenario comes to pass.

>Will you be prepared to take on a dozens of agents in body armor when they
>storm your house if you refuse the first polite request?

Nope.  I'm a little smarter than that!

>Lets throw a little dose of reality on the fire here.

Okay.  My interpretation of the 2nd is that "We" are allowed to
bear arms to defend against all enemies, including our government
if it becomes undemocratic.  That means there are not going to be
enough SWAT teams to contain the hoards of people.  "We" (as in
"The People"), will defend the Constitution.

-----quote-----
In no particular order, early American settlers viewed the right
to arms and/or the right to bear arms and/or state militias as
important for one or more of these purposes:

    deterring undemocratic government;
    repelling invasion;
    suppressing insurrection;
    facilitating a natural right of self-defense;
    participating in law enforcement;
    enabling the people to organize a militia system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution#Experience_in_America_prior_to_the_U.S._Constitution
-----/quote-----

Have a read here:
http://www.pittsreport.com/2010/12/the-worlds-largest-army-americas-hunters/

"The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season
without someone getting killed. That?s great. There were over
600,000 hunters.Allow me to restate that number. Over the last two
months, the eighth largest army in the world ? more men under arms
than Iran; more than France and Germany combined ? deployed to the
woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace at
bay.

But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods
of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan?s 700,000 hunters have now
returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia,
and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states
alone would comprise the largest army in the world."

<GM>
As you know Bob, a .308 easily penetrates body armor, should the
military get involved (which they won't).