> On Feb 7, 11:15=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

LEASE

> > > I thought that all the information in the keypad was stored in the
> > > panel and when I swiched the keypad it would all flow into the new
> > > one. This was very helpful Jim.
>
> > > If I do something wrong when setting it up (Just want to make sure) i=
> > > I put the old keypad back on will it work again?-
>
> > Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,- Hide quoted text -

> OK, I just received my new keypad in the mail today and when I opened
> it it has a wire harness in the box that connects to the keypad. I
> have not removed my old panel from the wall yet =A0(it is about 10 years
> old) did the old ones also have a wire harness? I hope so because all
> I will have to do is remove the old harness and attach it to the new
> keypad.-

Yes, after you have determined and recorded the configuration of your
old keypad, power down the system, remove the front of the old keypad
from the back half. Unplug the old keypad and plug in the new one. Be
careful, the pins are delicate. Be sure you check all sides of the
connector to make use you've aligned and inserted it properly. Mount
the new keypad. Move the jumper on the main panel PCB and power up the
system. Follow the instructions I've given you so far and refer to the
installation manual for the fine details for configuring the new
kepad. Once you are done, move the jumper on the PCB back to run
position and wait a minute or so for the keypad to return to normal
condition then try to arm the system and use all the functions of the
keypad.