Re: Sole Path ???

On Feb 7, 6:33=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Way it was described to me
> Tellular sends a fault to central if its servers do not see a check in
> after so many minutes from unit so it is supervised .
> that plus UL has lowered the requirements =A0realizing dual paths really
> mean nothing in digital age if one phone line goes down all will. on
> most telco systems these days-

Sounds like BS to me.

I don't do commercial fire ..... and I can see your point if using two
telco lines ..... but if you've got one telco line and one cellular
back up. which is the better way to go ..... if one technology goes
down the other can still transmit a fire signal.

If  you've only got one technology and it goes down and the only way
you know is due to a lack of supervisory signal, there's no way to
monitor the premise for fire between the time you lose supervision and
the time it's repaired. Unless your're going to roll the trucks when
you lose supervisory signal.

Sounds like the same flawed logic that was the demise of Derived
Channel telephone line monitoring.