Re: DC only alarm panel

>> Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net
>
> The DC input to the panel is polarity sensitive.
>
> So .... if you apply the battery to the transformer terminals and the
> panel doesn't power up. Reverse the polarity of the input.
>
> good to know,  thanks.

You want to be careful here.  I did what you are attempting to do a number
of years ago.  After research I used a Moose Z920 panel.  Was told by tech
support to apply 12vdc to ONE of the AC terminals so that the panel would
NOT go into AC Fail.  It worked great.

However I was also told that for the product line it was the only panel that
would allow this to happen because of I think a Zener Diode somewhere.

I have discussed this with newer panel mfg's and get very little response or
non at all because it is not policy to think outside the box therefore they
can sanction the modification.  "Liability".   If you are going to try it I
would suggest you do it on a non-important panel.  I doubt it will damage
anything on the board, it will either work or it will not.  If not try
another model or mfg..  Or if you can find a Z920 it will work.

"I can power most any panel by putting 12vdc to the ac inputs?  didn't know
that!"
And you still don't!!!

Good Luck

Les