Re: GEM-RP1CAe2 replacement

On Feb 6, 8:45=A0pm, wallstreet123456 <szigg...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 4:18=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 6, 3:57=A0pm, wallstreet123456 <szigg...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > I checked the keypad and it is not locked to the panel soI will be
> > > able to switch it out no problem. When I do the swap must I power dow=
> > > the entire alarm (remove the batter and unplug the power pack from th=
> > > wall?)
>
> > > Do I need to move the jumper also?
>
> > > After I replace the keypad and power up the unit is there anything
> > > else I need to do or should it just (hopefully) work again.
>
> > > Thanks to everyone in this form for being so helpful to me in the
> > > past.
>
> > > Steven
>
> > Did you go into the keypad configuration mode now to determine what
> > the configuration of your present keypad is? You should do that first
> > so that you know how to configure your new keypad. If your old keypad
> > configuration was changed in any way during installation and you don't
> > know what the changes are, you could wind up with some problems. Go
> > from point to point in the configuration mode an write down the
> > setting in each. ( see how to get into the configuration mode below.
> > Just don't power the system down now.)
>
> > Once having determined what your present keypad configuration is,
> > power down the entire system, ( transformer and battery) Change the
> > keypad. Move the jumper on the panel PCB. Power up the panel pluging
> > the transformer in first and quickly attaching the battery. The system
> > will come up in the "OUT OF SYSTEM" mode at the keypad. Press in 11123
> > and the function button to get into the keypad configuration mode and
> > make it the same as your present keypad. Look at the Installation/
> > Programing insturctions for specifics on how to do this. Once this is
> > completed, move the jumper on the panel PCB back to the run position
> > and run for cover. =A0Nah!
>
> > It may take more than a minute for the keypad to return to the normal
> > running mode.
>
> Also, after I copy my settings down and put them into the keypad how
> do I save them, must I hit reset on the pad or some other key when I
> am finished entering my settings?-

Pushing the On/Off key saves but I STRONGLY suggest that  you PLEASE
read the installation/programing instructions for doing this. I'm
giving you information from my memory. I've been doing this for over
40 years. Much of what I do is so automatic that it's difficult for me
to know if I'm telling you all the necessary steps that need to be
done. I do it by rote now. If I forget to tell you to do something
and  you F.... k up, there's possibly not going to be an easy way to
get  you out of trouble. LOOK AT THE INSTRUCTIONS.

And another suggestion: after you THINK you have everything right, go
back and look at each programed configuration page, checking it
against  your list before you leave the configuration mode.
THEN ...... you push the reset key. Not before.