Re: Hayes 1200 external

On Feb 6, 11:44=A0am, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman wrote:
> > On Feb 6, 6:03 am, proguard<sp.kintzoni...@xxxxxxxxxxx> =A0wrote:
> >> Anyone knows where to buy Hayes 1200 external modem?
>
> >> tnx
>
> > RHC: I've had good luck in local flea markets where there are usually
> > boxes of computer junk to wade through. I actually bought 3 of the
> > Cardinal MX2400 modems for $5 each, and they were still shrink wrapped
> > in the original box, never having been opened.
>
> > What is junk for one person, is treasure for another....:))
>
> I used the Cardinal exclusively for many years, until the CIA modem came
> out. Now I keep it as a backup just in case.
>
> Jim Rojas
> Technical Manuals Online!http://www.tech-man.com
> 8002 Cornwall Lane
> Tampa, FL 33615-4604
> 813-884-6335

Hey guys, you just reminded me,

I've got an old Cardnel internal modem that I've been using for years.
The problem is, it's in an old Gateway 350 computer that's beginning
to hangup occasionally. I've never had to change the hard drive
because I never used that computer for much of anything except
downloading. When I upgraded to my next computer, the internal modem
didn't have compatable connectors so that's why I left it in the old
350. I'm assuming that because it's an internal modem that there's no
way to make it compatable with a computer a few generations apart.
( is that true?)

That leads me to ask .....  now, since newer computers only have USB
ports, how do you get the old external Hayes and Cardnels to connect
with the them.?

Also, I have to imagine that the newer modems offered by manufacturers
come with USB connections ..... right?

I figure I'll probably have to get a mfg's modem soon so I'm not
without comm capability, so I want to be sure it's going to be
compatable with my next computer.