Re: Commercial Burg

news:db076cdc-d36b-4724-b730-3b21086f213b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Feb 5, 8:39 pm, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Very good point and it would seem the customer has been thinking this way.
> When I handed him my proposal on Friday he mentioned that the cost of the
> system was higher that he could afford and was considering not doing a UL
> system. He was going to contact his Ins. Co. and see what the premium
> would
> be for a lesser (normal) system.
>
> There are other issues going on here and I may be well advised to walk
> away.
> I easily have 8 hours into inspection, discussions, study and learning,
> phone calls, pricing, proposal writing, etc. etc. I could have been doing
> other things with that time. And so it
> goes.................................
>
> Thanks for all the input. I now have a better knowledge base on this type
> of application and will say NO much quicker in the future.
>
> Have a good rest of the weekend.
>
> Les-

In the future, if asked by someone to do a UL commercial system,
having had this experience,  you might want to consider taking the
position of "advisor" and educating the consumer of all of the
possible "pitfalls" , installation expenses, paperwork, and on-going
expenses after the installation that are propegated by the insurance
companies and UL leigon. Tell them you will give them a quote on a
great system that's not UL and once they've gotten all the quotes from
the UL installers, have them get back to you for a "better route" to
take. I've gotten a few takers in my time on this basis simply because
I was deemed the knowledgeable  "straight shooter" of the whole lot.
As I said, most alarm companys who do UL installations wouldn't think
of offering anything other than a UL system.

With all that you've learned on the subject, you just might want to do
a little write up on all the facts and put it in a folder somewhere.
The next time you get asked by someone you'll have a crib sheet to
work from. Just copy all of the posts in this thread, for instance.

Funny thing is I was thinking the exact same thing.  Thanks for confirming
my thoughts.

Les