Re: Hayes 1200 external

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:78x3p.80772$Pi6.45969@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> proguard wrote:
>> Anyone knows where to buy Hayes 1200 external modem?
>>
>> tnx
>
> Don't waste your time with the Hayes 1200. Buy the Ademco Compass CIA
> modem. Trust me, it works fine on just about everything.

I've got a couple of the Hayes 1200s and they work pretty good.  I do recall
that there are two models (atleast).  One has 8 dips and one has 10.  The
one with 10 worked on just about everything, but had different dip settings
for DSC vs FBII.  Mostly I use a Cardinal 2400 because it works better for
Napco.

I've also got a DSC and a Silent Knight modem.  They both are kinda wheezy
and hiccuppy.  I've got a DMP modem too, but I only ever used it one time.