Re: Anyone in S.E. Michigan?

On Feb 5, 5:58=A0pm, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2/5/2011 5:19 PM, Jim wrote:
>

> > On Feb 5, 10:28 am, JoeRaisin<joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> =A0wrote:
> >> The company I work for is looking for folks in the thumb area of
> >> Michigan. =A0A lot of work coming up in Detroit and Flint.
>
> >> It may not be right away 'cause the owner doesn't want to get into a
> >> hire/layoff rotation. =A0But we're pretty sure of future work across
> >> southern MI. =A0All our southern guys are in the Grand Rapids area rig=
ht now.

> >> The job entails running of low voltage wires for burg/fire alarms,
> >> camera systems, intercom and door access systems. =A0Experience in any=
 of
> >> these areas would be GREAT but if the boss feels they can pull wire,
> >> follow instructions and do a good job he'll give 'em a shot.
>
> >> Right now it's subcontracts from one of the big boys - the really big
> >> jobs they don't want to devote their folks to.
>
> >> A lot of ladder& =A0lift work, of course.
>
> >> If you know anyone have 'em shoot me an email.
>
> >> Thanks
>
> > What are they working on Joe .... low temperature and deep snow alarms?
>
> LOL - that would be up here in my neck of the woods.
>
> The Flint job is just keeping the fire alarms working during a phased
> remodel of a large department store. =A0Some relocation/addition of
> horn/strobes. =A0I don't know for certain what the Detroit job is.
>
> My boss has asked me to be project manager on the Flint job and the same
> thing in Grand Rapids. =A0It will be just a few days at the beginning and
> end of each phase (plus emergencies - which we can hopefully avoid).
>
> Apparently he's been happy with what I've done so far.-

Keep up the good work.

I don't know if you have designs of ever striking out on your own but
if you are, approach every thing you do now, as if you were doing for
yourself. This is the best school you could ever hope to find. In
years to come, all the things that  you experiend now will be just
second nature to you and you can direct more of your attention to
running a business.

The one advantage that has totally benefited me is the fact that even
though I had the innate hands on capability and prior schooling in
electronics, I started in this industry in the business end. After I
had all that under my belt, I started my own installation company and
have always had the advantage over others in this trade who mostly
come to it only with installation experience.