Re: ESPLOAD ?

On Feb 4, 5:03=A0am, proguard <sp.kintzoni...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I' m trying to dl an old esprit 738 v 3.1 Everything ok when at the
> first or second ring the panel answers. But if i programm panel to
> answer after lets say 4 or more rings the mode does nothing.
> I believe that it cannot handshake with the panel. My modem is USR
> SporsterVoice 33.6 fax modem.
> Any ideas about what string to use? I am using the default espload
> strings for USR 14.4 fax modem
>
> tks in advance.
>
> regards
> Spyros

RHC: Offhand, I would say if it answers properly on the second call
after the first two rings, then there is nothing wrong (assuming it
handshakes and proceeds after that).  If you let it go past four
rings, you will have to let it go the full 8 rings or whatever
(assuming that is what you have in programming for the panel to
answer). I use the same modem for calling into the newer Paradox
panels, but I find the only modem that is truly bulletproof for use
with the older panels using the older  Espload software is the
Cardinal MX2400.

As for figuring out the calling string, good luck. That I've never
figured out.....only bypassed the need by using another modem