Re: Commercial Burg

> ...You'll need a loud bell with a self-contained power source.
> Tamper switches on the front and back of bell & panel cans...

U.L. Does come out to inspect these systems. I once had an inspector
check one of our U.L. systems. He asked for a ladder which I provided
to him. He then proceeded to climb up and check the length of the
screws on the bell box!

The screws were short - like 1 inch long. He said they required long
screws (I forget how long). The idea being that it would take someone
a long time to unscrew those long screws.

So I went and bought long screws and installed them. It took me a very
long time to screw them all in. (In the days before cordless
drills...)

Anyway they check EVERYTHING!

(I think that U.L. bell box has some tampers on some of the screws as
well? Partially unscrew a screw and it trips the tamper - special U.L.
bell box.)