Re: Commercial Burg

> Is there anything special with central station requirements such as
> 24 hour
> test, Supervised Openings/Closings, or anything that would put this
> over the
> top of normal??

I've not done this for years, but it used to be required that it be a
U.L. certified monitoring station. We had one with bullet proof glass,
man trap door entry to the monitoring station, backup power, fire
suppression system, armed guard, and all sorts of other stuff.

Then the phone lines from the customer's system were special U.L.
phone lines. If the lines were cut, the monitoring station would know.
I don't know what the requirements are these days?

But I should think there would be some sort of "heartbeat" or periodic
signal sent from the subscriber to the monitoring station every so
many seconds as a requirement. And if that signal is lost, then they
know the communication line was cut.

Google UL 611 1610 Grade A AA Central Station