Re: Commercial Burg

On Feb 2, 7:39=A0am, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Doug" <d...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> Hi all,
>
> >> I have been asked to install an alarm system in a jewelry store. =A0Th=
> >> insurance company said that the system panel needs to the following.
>
> >> UL Listed Commercial Burg Mercantile Grade with Attack Kit.
>
> >> So far I have found that the Vista 128-BPE we/ Vista ULKT seems to fit
> >> the bill.
>
> >> My question here is there any other choices out there to fit the bill?=
?

> >> And what other tricks or things do I need to consider??
>
> >> I am having a feeling that my choices are very slim.
>
> >> Thanks to all for the assist.
>
> >> Les
>
> > You might want to verify if they need you, the alarm company to be UL, =
in
> > this area (Southern California) most jewelry stores and/or their insura=
nce
> > companies require the whole thing to be UL, the installing company. the
> > monitoring company and the installed equipment.
>
> > Doug
>
> That's already verified by the owner in a phone conversation with his age=
nt.
> Installing company NOT required to be UL. =A0Only the equipment needs to =
be as
> well as the Central Station.
>
> I am more interested at this point as to what equipment meets the
> requirement, can get it and support the stuff.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les

RHC: Les, I do know that DSC equipment meets the requirements but only
if it is installed a certain way, including certain software options
being followed. In each of their panels, there is a form that covers
all that has to be done. And if you use any recognized monitoring
station, it will be UL certified. Beyond that, I don't know....