Re: Some statistics

On Dec 27, 6:28=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 26, 7:28=A0pm, G. Morgan <sealte...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Jim Wrote:
>
> > >I don't know if the below list is going to come out all skewed but I
> > >don't know if any of you have ever taken a look at the posting history
> > >of ASA. =A0 This is from Google. Thought it was a little interesting.
>
> > 2000-2003 was very active.
>
> > Now its only a trickle.
>
> > I'm seeing more on-topic posts than not lately. (I think, have not
> > counted). =A0Maybe given some more time we'll have some *new* regulars
> > (and the ones we lost, back).
>
> > Link to the chart:http://groups.google.com/group/alt.security.alarms/ab=
out?hl=3Den

> =A0Take into consideration when Verizon shut off all the news groups we
> lost many people because they did not know of a work around.

OR ..... perhaps they just didn't want to ..... :-)

But I have some remnants of hope that perhaps ASA can eventually
resurect and become a place where installers will come to give and
take experiences .... with those that are participating,  attempting
to make some effort to be somewhat more congenial, than times in the
past. I've wondered if much of the past turmoil was at least in part
due to the fact that there were a lot of people participating in ASA
then. Perhaps the level of disagreement rises with the quantity of
participants ..... Ya think?

Does anyone know if there are any relatively new participants that
were not part of the fray? I see occasional posters that appear to be
installers but have not noticed whether any have stayed. I think that
some may be old participants that have changed their name/screename
etc. But I've lost track on some of them.