Re: Boom truck

Adding the cost of a boom truck would be an easy thing to overlook since
there isn't an offsetting line expense for the rental. It seems in this
industry that scissor lifts get rented a lot, boom lifts less often and boom
trucks rarely.
Time to modify the proposal estimates to be sure not to overlook that line
item.
Thanks.
This unit is a good puller so hooking it up to a trailer full of gear to
haul to a job site is something it would be good at too, so in a sense you
get more benefit by charging the customer for what you'd normally provide a
part of without a direct charge to the customer.
Do you find having your own scissor lifts more of a benefit than renting
them?
The "deals" I find on scissor lifts listed for sale are ones usually too
beat up to be worth much as scrap, let alone a serviceable unit. Getting a
new scissor lift seems like too big a bite with an uncertain pay off. When
it comes to spending money, cheap is my first, middle, and last name.
How did you get your scissor lifts if you don't mind me asking? Did you buy
new ones? Which brand do you like best?
This truck was a fluke spelled DIVORCE for some poor guy selling the rig. He
was from an entirely different industry however.