Re: camera motion detection ...... optical -vs- infrared

"John Moore" <JMoore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:43:40 -0400, ABLE1 wrote:
>
>> "nick markowitz" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> Your viewing to wide an area with the cameras and need to exclude areas
>> where it is not required to be reviewed.
>>

>> I agree with Nick, but you are still going to have similar issues when
>> you are trying to use motion detection in a outside environment.  There
>> are just too many variables that will cause a trip on video motion.  If
>> you search Google for "RedWall Motion Detectors"
>>
>> They are not cheap but they will work.  That is if placement is possible
>> and the range is what you need.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Les
>

> Those sensors look excellent and are very do-able.  What would be the
> best PC-based software and cams to work with these detectors?

Most will have the ability to do what you are looking for.  It is not just
the software.  You need to find a video board that will meet your needs and
there should be an associated trigger board that will interface with it for
the input.  They may also have associated programmable output as well.  Then
the board will have available software that will interface with the video
board and I/O board to give the ability to see the input of a motion
detector and start recording on one or more cameras.  Then the PC processor
needs to be fast as well as good quality video card, and a good monitor,
with a large HDD, expect to use WinXP Pro 32 bit or Win7 32 bit.  You are
going to be building a system or find someone that will build it for you to
meet your specifications.

For what it worth it would be a lot easier with a embedded free standing DVR
since it is all in one box.

Les