Re: So how is the new Facebook interface working

On Apr 24, 2:04=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2:21=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > So, how is the new facebook / forum working? =A0
>
> It's not.
>
> But it's kinda soon. Last time I looked about 60 people had looked in
> on it but that's about all.
>
> It could take some time for it to be populated to the extent that an
> extended dialog could take place.... I would imagine.
> ASA has got such a long history of posts, I would think that it would
> be the more attractive place to look for information at this point.
>
> If starting a new group I'd guess that you'd have to have some of your
> friends and business acquaintances populate it at first so that it
> would look like something is going on when people sign in to see what
> it's about. Right now anyone stopping in sees nada.<

You might want to introduce this guy to this teeny tiny networking
site called LinkedIn and the dozens of security forums that actually
have traffic on them.
Oh wait.
I'm sorry.
Silly me for not believing thousands of people on Facebook use it to
talk alarm equipment rather than to play Mafia Wars and Farmville as
well as making the occasional announcement regarding the latest malady
someone in their family is suffering from. .