Re: Industry Members Only Sub-Forum

On Apr 16, 11:18=A0am, SRyckman <nevets...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, after some consideration and several emails back and forth with
> some of you - there is now an industry only sub-forum at
> asa.nevets.net
>
> Currently we will authenticate only people who can validate their
> email as being from the company domain name that matches their SIA
> (Security Industry Association) membership, CSAA (Central Station
> Alarm Association) membership or company BBB listing showing they are
> in the industry. =A0 This does NOT have to be the email address you use
> in your registration on the forum - you just have to be able to email
> us for validation purposes.
>
> This may be expanded upon in the future, but for now that is how we
> are doing it. =A0 As this is a sub-forum, you still go tohttp://asa.nevet=
s.net
> and you'll see the sub-forum "pinned" to the top of the topic list.
> See the message in the public group for instructions on how you do the
> validation.
>
> Free/Non company email addresses like Gmail/Hotmail and so forth will
> not be permitted unless the EXACT email address is the one on the SIA/
> CSAA/BBB listing. <

I must say while you are probably a decent fellow in the real world
you also strike me as someone who thinks way too highly of himself,
and has an illusion of being more important than you really are. It's
quite condescending to suddenly reappear, as if you are the newsgroup
savior, and expect folks to follow you like they are sheep. You
discuss some Facebook newsboard as if you are the only one who could
have made it happen and you further explain how you will decide who
can or cannot post there.
Yes you are here to help us all and to promote our industry in such a
positive light. Thank you sir! And thank you for hiding under your
desk when the bombs were being dropped in this forum on a steady
basis. I've been posting here for roughly 12 years and not once do I
recall you adding anything.

I have no issue with your 'requirements' to participate on your blog
because after all it is your blog but I can assure you it will not
draw any traffic.
I have security industry newsboards. No magic in creating them. I just
simply add a Simple Machines Forum to any domain of mine and instant
newsboard is born and I become the mod. Big whoop.
What I do take issue with is how YOU, who supposedly followed this
group via lurking, would require someone like Jim to provide you with
his real life information.
Let me tell you something. I have corresponded with Jim for 12 years
without knowing his real name, business info, etc, and never had a
problem with it. Jim is a friend if that makes any sense to you. It
does to me and that's all that matters.
The same goes for VSSDoug, Frank "Kurz" (Maiden name Horus Olson), and
others.  Their decisions are wise.
The 2 people that had problems with it are now deceased and those were
the 2 that made more attempts at causing real life harm to people than
all others combined.

I would imagine that someone who hid from the newsgroup during the
battles to protect himself from having people go real life on you
should be a tad more understanding of those that weren't as foolish
when it came to sharing their real life information. It's only now
that the coast seems clear that you suddenly pop out of your shell and
offer to lead us to the promised land.  Why would anyone choose to
follow someone who runs at the first sign of danger?
Before you ask these gentlemen to be truthful as to their identities
maybe you should be truthful with yourself as to whether or not you
are someone that should be making decisions regarding the safety of
others.

Thank you for the opportunity to join whatever it is that you are
putting together but no thank you. I'd much rather stay here and take
my chances with those that post here than hide behind the wall of your
newsboard where you are King.
If you are so concerned about the appearance of the industry on the
newsboards, and if you really want to contribute to its growth then
try sharing some of your knowledge/experiences here where we are free
to openly debate.

I do wish you the very best of luck with your new endeavor.

Cordially,

If you posted here you'd know my name without having to do a search on
me