Re: ADT Dealer Kit - E-Tail, same price as wholesale.

"Doug" <doug@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Bob La Londe <none@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>I looked up the DSC 1616 kit, and found one E-tailer who had it for the
>>>same price as wholesale.  The only thing that would concern me is that
>>>it says "ADT DEALER KIT".  What the heck does that mean?  Is the keypad
>>>private labeled?  Is the program different?
>>>
>>>I actually might buy it E-Tail if I go that way since my other DSC
>>>source is Tri-Ed and they suck.
>>
>> Same thing for a Speco Intensifier cam.  ADI had the model I wanted for
>> $275, saw the same thing for $240 + shipping at a few online outlets.
>>
>> Still ended up buying them from ADI though.  I like being able to plunk
>> down bad warranted stuff and get a replacement right away.
>>

> Unfortunately, some of that returned stuff seems to find its way back onto
> the shelves.
>
> Doug

I have not had that from ADI, but I sure got a lot of used crap from SGI.  A
couple times the item came out of the box filthy like it had been in service
a long time,. and a couple times it had a dealer's company sticker on it
still.  Somehow it just feels wrong sticking up for ADI.  LOL.