Re: Another ingenious burglar this really sucks

mleuck wrote:
> On Sep 27, 10:59 pm, Jim Rojas<jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> Doug wrote:
>>> "Comrade technomaNge"<u...@xxxxxxx>    wrote in message

>>> I think the US generates about 20% of its electricity from nuclear power,
>>> while it may pale in comparison to France's 75%, I'm not sure I would call
>>> it a "token presence"
>>
>>> Doug
>>
>> The French are smart enough to recycle and reuse spent fuel rods, while
>> we here in the good ole USA stand around with our fingers up our asses
>> trying to find underground caverns to bury it all in...
>>
>> I could never understand why we even use nuclear power. Geothermal
>> accomplishes same exact results without the dangerous radiation.
>>
>> Jim Rojas
>> Technical Manuals Online!http://www.tech-man.com
>> 8002 Cornwall Lane
>> Tampa, FL 33615-4604
>> 813-884-6335
>
> Well that's an easy answer, you can't get enough geothermal to make up
> the difference, same thing goes with wind and solar.

Countries like Greenland & Nova Scotia run entirely on Geothermal
energy. We can do it, we just need all the oil to get used up to take
away the excuse why not to.

If you look at the history of this country, this is always the case. We
seem to have a need to get ourselves out of a pending disaster before
anything really changes.

Brazil no longer uses crude oil to run the majority of their vehicles.
They use ethanol, which they grow crops and process themselves. Ethanol
can be made from sugar crops, corn, switchgrass, as well as other
abundant biomass. The excuses are endless, but the crisis is real.

Brazil has been making ethanol since the 1970's gas shortage...some
governments actually learn from history. Other governments are doomed to
repeat their mistakes over, and over again...until it takes a national
crisis to wake them up...

Jim Rojas
Technical Manuals Online!
http://www.tech-man.com