Re: Cell Video

"mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:f2da2fdd-b0ab-4541-81e7-68c35652ec49@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Sep 9, 11:09 pm, "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Mobidoes Vs Total Control ???
>>
>> So far tried both on my Droid 2.  Mobideos works.  TotalControl hangs.

The TotalControl Ap hangs if you do not keep your phone in Portrait display
mode.  The big hang up though is if you ask them a question they kinda climb
up your ass about it.

Paraphrasing:
"People who know nothing have it running perfectly in a couple minutes."
"Its in the manual."
"The problem must be with your mail reader.'
"You know!?  A plus sign... has a cross bar and a vertical bar."

I was leaning that way since it's a one time purchase for clients rather
than $230 (16 channel DVR) a year (retail) to use MobiDeos, but I really
don't want to offer either one to my clients after playing with them both
for several days.

With MobiDeos a power IT users is going to want to know why if they are
already paying for broadband, cell service, and a data package why they are
paying to connect to their own equipment using their own service on a
continuing basis to yet another vendor.

> I've got it on my iPhone and Blackberry and haven't had a problem,
> didn't know they updated the Android one for video yet

Both work on the Android 2.  MobiDEOS automatically shows the cameras on the
DVR that the user has access to.  TotalControl makes you setup each one
individually.  MobiDeos connects a little faster, but you have to go back
and manually select a different camera from a list.  TotalControl has a
"next camera" button  in the soft options pop up.

Looks like they both charge you for each camera you can connect to even if
they are all at the same IP address (like a multi channel DVR) and logon.