Re: another APX oops moment

On Sep 9, 11:21=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 2, 7:17=A0pm, Jim Rojas <jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > nick markowitz wrote:
> > >http://consumerist.com/2010/09/apx-forgot-to-tell-me-i-was-paying-for.=
..

> > You should see the level of security Slomins customers get...
>
> > 3x1 slow pulse reporting format, even on P3200 & P9600 panels. I see it
> > every time I download one of those panels.
>
> > Jim Rojas
> > Technical Manuals Online!http://www.tech-man.com
> > 8002 Cornwall Lane
> > Tampa, FL 33615-4604
> > 813-884-6335
>
> The problem is still back to education which unfortunately is a big
> problem.
> company's want to bill big bucks but not provide service.

I'm thinkin it all has to do with the money crunch and the "free"
alarm companys that always seems to be the popular subject in this
trade.

It's a self feeding monster spurred by the "free" systems marketing.
There are companys out there trying to compete with the Nationals with
their deep pockets and the only way they can do it is to give little
or next to nothing with their installations. That includes low quality
equipment, low quality installations, low quality installers, low
quality service. I can only be grateful that I had my chance to build
a company prior to all of this crap. A loyal following is something
the newer companys can't get so they depend upon starting up with
enough money to buy up smaller companys. Other wise after their
customers had experienced their poor service, they'd never be able to
keep ahead of their attrition rate. There seems to be some magic point
in acquiring accounts that allows these kinds of companys to stay
ahead of the errosion of their account base due to bad service.