Re: Buried wire detection

> Can anyone recommend a good unit for locating buried wires?  Seven
> years ago during construction I left wires in walls for possible use:
> door switches and motion detector.  Condo has changed owners several
> times; current one wants to get burglar alarm working.  NX8 has been
> monitoring smoke detectors.

Check that the wire you are looking for is not shorted.  Must be open or put
a 10ohm load in line.
Connect a 12vdc battery to a siren driver.
Connect the output of the siren driver to your wire.
Use your Tone Probe to trace the wire.

Should get a tone at easily 8" - 10" from wire inside the wall.  It will be
right under the loudest point.

Good Luck

Les