Re: Best 9V for Smokes

In article <o4r4b615l58tssgovnf71i04i17v4r179s@xxxxxxx>,
	Robert Neville <dont@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> "Bob La Londe" <onebikenut@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>All that being said, what do you guys use for 9V batteries in smokes?  Why?
>
> 10yr Lithiums. Because I don't see the point in climbing a ladder 12 times every
> year, or dealing with the bvlasted low battery chirping at 2AM.

I fitted 10 year lithiums in my parents' 2 smoke detectors, and they
lasted 3-4 years. (I can't recall what make, and I've chucked them now.)

I've replaced them with SAFT lithiums which are roughly the size of
a 9V battery and with same clip on the top, but you can see these are
made from 3 lithium cells shrink-wrapped, so they're lumpy rather than
perfectly rectangular.

I did smile at the warning on the side: "may explode in fire".
I guess that's a handy backup if the smoke detector doesn't go off,
providing they make a loud bang ;-)
They are sold as smoke detector batteries. Not been in long enough to
comment on their longevity.

--
Andrew Gabriel