Re: OT: German kids have a "leg up"... :-)

On Oct 3, 1:28=A0am, Frank Kurz <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/10/2010 11:30 AM, G. Morgan wrote:
>
> > Frank Kurz<t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> =A0wrote:
>
> >>http://supercoolschool.typepad.com/blog/2008/05/the-beauty-of-k.html
>
> > No wonder the US public schools are turning out illiterate graduates!
>
> > PS...
>
> > Why did you change to you 'real' name? =A0Was it all along the threat o=
f an
> > individual doing RL harm?
>
> Both names are "real". =A0One I was born with. =A0The other people actual=
ly
> know me by. =A0From everything I'd read about participating in public
> newsgroups it was suggested that you adopt a screen name. =A0If you
> recall, when I first started posting into the group, I was going under
> the name "Horus". =A0Actually, come to think of it, you probably weren't
> here back then.
>
> Anyone that wants to go "RL" (in a negative way) with me is probably
> someone I wouldn't be responding to anyway. =A0I've learned a lot in this
> group and I have a great deal of respect for the participants I've
> communicated with (both on and off the group).
>
> I guess it all boils down to "youze takes your chances".
>
> --
> Frank Kurz
> The Fire Protection Technicians Networkhttp://www.firetechs.net

RHC: I've been on this newsgroup for 15 years, always using my real
name; my website has all my contact information as well, and I've
never had any sort of a problem. Unless you invite trouble through
undue controversy, I don't think others would do such a thing out of
spite.

I've definately been called naive before; however, what can anyone
really do unless you are prone to receiving bad things and taking them
for more than they actually are.