Re: R.I.P. Robert L. Bass

On Oct 2, 7:52=A0pm, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/2/2010 2:27 PM, G. Morgan wrote:
>
> > mleuck<m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> =A0wrote:
>
> >> I don't think you started the thread to cause turmoil however you
> >> can't be so naive after all these years to think where it would end up
>
> > I definitely considered that. =A0But I also cross-posted to CHA. =A0I t=
hought it was
> > relevant and people would want to know. =A0I don't regret starting the =
thread, but
> > I sure don't think I should be lambasted for doing so.
>
> > All my replies lately have been confined to this NG.
>
> Best to just let it go, Graham. =A0I know I appreciated the notification.
>
> I then got sidetracked by the fun of baiting Petey, and Jim was just
> pointing out (I think) the counter-productivity of trying to get him to
> understand the point I had made (which he seems amusingly incapable of).
>
> When you first posted I knew there was going to be a negative remark or
> two. =A0If folks like me hadn't chimed in, Petey would have made his snid=
> remarks and been done with it.
>
> That's the way I took it, anyway. =A0Jim made me see that it was neither
> the time nor thread for that sort of hi-jinks so I stopped responding.
>
> Thanks again.

I wasn't trying to chastise anyone. Just stating what I saw to be ....
obvious .... to me, that is. It didn't make any difference who brought
up the subject, due to past experience there's not a soul in this
group that couldn't know what was going to happen.

And yet the thread STILL lingers on .... and on .... and on.

The other shoe has dropped. No need to listen, argue, anticipate,
debate, squabble or speculate any longer. There's nothing that anyone
can say that will make anything change for the better or worse. What's
done is done. If anyone has any regrets or no regrets whatsoever, is
of no consequence. Any recriminations between those of us who remain
for how one feels about all of this, is useless. I don't know who it
was earlier,  that was saying it ... but it was something about making
an apology is something that is done more for the sake of the offender
than the one who was the recipient of the offense. If that is true
then ..... it's got to apply in this matter too. If you're comfortable
with yourself , it's the same thing and it is all that matters.
Disagreeing with someone about how they feel, defending how you feel
or trying to convince someone that they shouldn't feel a certain way,
is less than useless.