Re: Another ingenious burglar this really sucks

On Sep 30, 8:50=A0pm, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 30, 1:15=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Countries like Greenland & Nova Scotia run entirely on Geothermal
> > > energy. We can do it, we just need all the oil to get used up to take
> > > away the excuse why not to.
>
> > > If you look at the history of this country, this is always the case. =
We
> [...]
> > > crisis to wake them up...
>
> > > Jim Rojas
> > > Technical Manuals Online!http://www.tech-man.com
> > > 8002 Cornwall Lane
> > > Tampa, FL 33615-4604
> > > 813-884-6335
>
> > We use a lot more energy than Greenland and Nova Scotia, there isn't
> > enough Geothermal available.
>
> > Ethanol is a heavily subsidized industry, if the government doesn't
> > subsidize it then it collapses, also its not a big deal making it but
> > what is a big deal is using more energy to make it than it produces.
> > Also because of the crops used to make it our food bills are higher
>
> > Brazil is now a huge oil producer and while they made a major switch
> > to ethanol they use sugar beets which doesn't require a lot of energy
> > which isn't possible for us they still use a lot of oil. Their ethanol
> > industry also couldn't exist without being heavily subsidized by the
> > Brazilian government, now I may be in the minority on this but I'd
> > rather our government butt out since they are currently destroying the
> > Ethanol industry.
>
> > Fact is you can't make enough energy out of alternative supplies to
> > power even a fraction of the country, there isn't enough crops, grass
> > etc for Ethanol, not enough land space =A0and contrary to what the
> > enviros tell everyone oil isn't going to run out for a long long
> > time.
>
> > In Texas they are drilling into a massive deposit of natural gas
> > around the Dallas area and people end up complaining about noise,
> > local government wants to slow it down with even more taxes and
> > regulation and the environmental groups want it stopped altogether
> > claiming it creates earthquakes (yes really), even if they started on
> > your geothermal fantasy it would be stopped rather quickly by
> > bureaucracy..
>
> > Texas has the largest windmill farms in the country, even that's a
> > nightmare with problems like suitable land, power transmission,
> > extremely expensive, people complain about the looks of the things,
> > low frequency noise that apparently makes people and animals living
> > nearby sick and the fact that at best they can run at less than 10%
> > efficiency.
>
> > I don't know why you go off on these "the sky is falling" rants James,
> > if you were sincere on what you say then by all means get an alcohol
> > conversion kit in your car, create your own ethanol, power your house
> > completely by alternative sources such as solar cells or windmills
> > then come here and tell us what we should do, you won't because you'd
> > quickly find out how expensive, inconvenient and impractical it is to
> > do change to other power sources which is why nobody has and won't in
> > the near future
>
> > The "crisis" you talk about could have been avoided decades ago with
> > nuclear energy but noooooooooooooooooooooo
>
> We need to do more with hydro power and we are not.

The trend in many areas is to remove many dams in the northwest, the
reason is they supposedly harm different species of fish. While most
of these aren't providing power it does give you an idea how difficult
it would be to push something like hydro. Here's a link to Michigan's
DNR (Department of Natural Resources), apparently they like saving
fish but don't mind 12% unemployment and a state that's going
bankrupt

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10369-124681--,00.html