Re: Honeywell LYNXR-EN Expansion?

Joe Wangkauf <tmo1138@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 2010-11-29 18:54:43 -0800, G. Morgan said:
>
>> Joe Wangkauf <tmo1138@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> How can I tell the number of zones currently configured?  I have the
>>> programming manuals, etc in PDF form.  I think there's still some zones
>>> available, but I'm not completely sure.
>>
>> Don't you have a zone list?
>>
>> 10> Front door
>> 11> Back door
>>
>> etc....
>
>I'll dig around and see if I can find a list... but I got this
>installed by Firstline Security.  I didn't know better.. suffice to say
>the reputation you can now read about on alarmsystemreviews.com will
>not be argued by me.. ;)

Is the system still monitored by any company?  If so, they will need to add your
sensors.  Do you have the installer code for the panel?  You need it if you are
going to DIY.

If you are not being monitored anymore, you also need to change settings to turn
off alarm reporting to the central station.

Since you have the manual, see if you can access programming mode.  Make sure
you read ahead and know how to get out of it without making changes or locking
yourself out.

--
You'll be Ok, Enjoy.  Life is nothing more than a bunch of mini
vacations all rolled into one. - Old Gringo