Re: CP400 power supply ?

On Nov 28, 12:38=A0pm, Frank Kurz <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 27/11/2010 2:39 PM, nick markowitz wrote:
>
> > Have an older CP400 Pyrotronix fire panel 80's vintage I tried to hook
> > a 24 VDC Co detector to and it started chattering. I am thinking the
> > power supplied by that older panel is unregulated DC and that's why Co
> > does not like it. Sound right?
>
> I'm curious. =A0Do they allow you to connect a "non-fire alarm device" to
> a listed fire alarm panel in the US? =A0You would never see that here (in
> Canada).
>
> --
> Frank Kurzwww.firetechs.net

In old days door magnet power was allowed from the panel it is no
longer permitted and just a relay trip is now done in panel. codes
have changed drastically since i first started installing panels in
late 70's

hooking up non listed equipment is permitted in certain cases such as
external dialer  etc where panel is providing a closure or open  but
not directly powering it.