Re: Joe...

On Nov 25, 11:43=A0am, JoeRaisin <joeraisin2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Saw that in yesterdays paper. =A0How much you wanna bet the rat bastard
> doesn't do a day in jail? =A0The headline touted that he could do "life"
> between the five and twenty year possible sentences for the various
> charges but then sort of mentioned in an off hand way that probation was
> also a possibility.
>
> Since elections supposed to be a non-violent way of changing government,
> thus a means of avoiding bloody revolution, anyone convicted of
> tampering with the electoral process should not only do jail time, but
> be fined up to 80% of their net worth (Including any assets transferred
> to relatives in the past two years). =A0To paraphrase from "Trading
> Places", "...it occurs to me that the best way you hurt rich people is
> by turning them into poor people."
>
> Since rich folks like Delay don't fear the Justice System, things need
> to change so they do.
>
> But it won't happen, like I've said many times, laws are written by rich
> people for rich people. =A0Just look at how the percentage of rich folks
> in government has risen while the median income for the upper class has
> gone up at the same time the median income for the middle and lower
> classes has gone down.
>
> Same theory behind what I think would be the answer to illegal
> immigration, financially destroy the folks owning/running those
> companies caught using the illegal labor while keeping the companies
> operating (in Government receivership). =A0The illegal labor market will
> soon dry up. =A0IMHO that's the main reason nothing gets done about it -
> those profiting face almost zero penalties. =A0It's like if the laws
> against bank robbery said that if you get caught you have to give back
> the money and tell Mr. Banker you're sorry - now go home and tell your
> father what you've done. =A0If there is no real penalty for breaking a
> law, but there is money to made by doing so - folks are going to break it=
.

> But I digress - Delay needs to do jail time. =A0Similar thing happened
> here in Michigan with a major family owned grocery chain secretly and
> illegally funding a "grass roots" effort to recall a township council
> that, just by coincidence, was making the building of a store
> inconveniently expensive. =A0The governor wouldn't let the AG (who wanted
> to hammer them) and had the Secretary of State handle it since that
> office controls elections. =A0They got a slap on the wrist - guess whose
> campaigns they donated generously to?
>
> Politicians like Delay and Rangel shouldn't be above the law but
> unfortunately, even when they are held accountable - they aren't really.

There is no longer an reason to vote. There are only two parties with
somewhat different goals but for both of them their motivation is
power and privilege for themselves, which is achieved by getting and
doing favors for others who are in power. And only incidently must
they appear to be doing things for the country and the populace. This
kind of government can only lead in one direction ....... and it is.
It's just a guess but I give the US about another maybe 100 years or
so and it will be unrecognizable compared to anything that remotely
resembles what the Framers ever conceived.

I've read alot about the Revolution and the people who were
responsible for the founding of this nation. Try reading the
Federalist Papers sometime. When  you read it in detail and see all of
the minute events that were fostered by the coincidence of all of
these great men who just happened to be contemporaries at a particular
point in time. All of a like mind, who conceived and put down in
words, on paper, the idea, of a  goverment run and based on lazie
faire ideology, run by the people and not polititicans or a king......
it was something short of a miracle. It truly saddens me as it should
any truly patriotic person to see what a hideous thing it has been
turned into.