Re: ISC East experience

On Nov 10, 12:21=A0am, Tom <cont...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well gents it was beyond a shadow of a doubt the most low class
> exhibit I have ever attended.
> It looked like they were handing out bowls of soup and show passes to
> people on the street.
> Reed didn't publish a book this year it was a fold up map.
> No Monitronics. No Rapid Response. No Smith & Wesson. No Emergency24.
> No Mace. Heck even the CCTV companies were few and far between. It
> looked like what you would see on an episode of American Pickers
> visiting the Rojas house.
> What a complete waste of time for dealers that attended to visit with
> decent suppliers. Three vendors caught my attention and that was it.
> Uplink, DSC, and this guyhttp://www.resolutionproducts.com/.
> The show worked for me because I met with the people I was scheduled
> to meet with, and walked away with the deal I was looking for but to
> Joe Dealer he would have been better off staying home and putzing
> around on Google.
>
> Tomhttp://www.onlinealarmquotes.com

I got there around 11:00 am, went to about a dozen dispalys, was done
by 4:00PM including a $11.00 sandwich and a $3.50 bottle of Coke and
schmoozing with the rest of the old timers still hanging on to the
days of yesteryear.

The one company that impressed me was the same one you mentioned,
http://www.resolutionproducts.com/.
Nice product. really good for wireless takeovers. Other than that,
stopped at the tool places, picked up a few little screwdrivers, and
looked for a guy with ashes on his lapel.

Then, I went to dinner at La Grenouille and a Broadway show and stayed
in NYC over nite.. That, alone made the trip worth it.