Re: reasonable monthly rate

> Do you rent the system?? for me 35$ a month for 12 years seem pretty
> high..
> Unlesss you have a service contract, 24/7 all parts and battery included..

It's my system.  If the contract expires, they want to remove their prom.
When the original battery needed replacement, they charged me (as I recall,
for both battery and service).  When the battery needed another replacement,
I did it myself for a fraction of the cost.

I asked them about reducing the rate.  They reduced the rate to $280 per
year, but if there is a fault or alarm, they will no longer tell me where it
is.

My brother has an answering service for his roofing company.  The service
gets the name, number, address, and brief message from each caller and sends
it via email.  The service is about $1 per call for a modest number of
calls.  I know it's a bit of apples and oranges, but I don't know how an
answering service can monitor so many companies and so many calls for so
little money compared to a security monitoring service.

I have my own business and I know there are many expenses to running any
business and it's all too easy to overlook all the expenses and say
something is overpriced.  That's way I was asking for what is reasonable in
the industry.  In addition 24/7 monitoring, which I assume is done entirely
by computers, all they need to do is answer the phone once or twice a year
and mail out an invoice.

Best,
Christopher