Re: DSC random expansion trouble

On 07/11/2010 3:51 AM, motley me wrote:
> I have a customer with a DSC 864 panel that is getting random expansion
> module failures. I have checked everything i know to check and everything
> that tech support can think of and i still get the random general system
> supervisory on it. It will go in to alarm and reset several times in a row
> and then not do it again for days. and it's never at the same times either.
>
> Any ideas of where to look.
>
> I replaced both expansion modules and checked all voltages at the modules.
> the only thing left id the keypad.

In addition to what RHC has suggested, check to see if you've enabled
the keypad tamper switch at the rear of the keypad.  If the wall's not
"true" or the mounting plate is loose you may wind up with intermittent
troubles like this.  Also make sure all the attached keypads are
responding and have separate addresses.  Download the system log and see
if you can trace the trouble that way.  The next thing to do is replace
the common control board and reprogram your system from scratch.

--
Frank Kurz
www.firetechs.net