Re: Alarm Farce...

On May 26, 1:22=A0am, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> On May 23, 5:52 pm, Frank Olson
>
> >RHC: Frank, one of my contacts in the locksmith trade used to be a
> >"technician" for Alarm Force. His requirement was to install 10
> >systems a day, which he did until he could no longer stomach it !
> >So you have to ask how much training does the average customer get on
> >how his "alarm system" works ?
>
> 10 a day?
>
> Doug

RHC: Sure, think about it. After an appointment is made, the
"technician" goes to the home, finds a phone outlet to plug in the pre-
programmed keypad, uses two way tape to locate and place the door and
motion detector (turning it upside down if there are any pets), gets
the customer to sign the contract and gets a years deposit upfront,
gives them the owners manual and leaves, off to the next assigned
location. In some cases, they test, some they don't (dunno...maybe too
busy that day). Maximum time half an hour...maybe

When he told me of that 10 appts a day thing, I too asked him how he
did it. Seems with some planning they keep installs within the same
area if possible, minimizing driving time for their delivery people.

This is just one guys statement who may have a grudge to bear (I
dunno), but he seems legit otherwise....