Re: Window Screen Tamper

> If current does flow and the reed is destroyed.............. well it was a
> bad set up to start with so it makes little difference.

> That's right.

> The switch is destroyed even if a repairable problem is found.

First I don't think that the Megger would damage the contacts.  But if it
did then the Megger is not the tool to use for testing.  Using one to
evaluate its effectiveness would not be a bad thing.  It is done all the
time.  In some areas they use Crash Test Dummies, durometer, O-scope, or
what ever will give some kind of recordable value that can be used.

If the circuit failed, it failed and it needs to be replaced.