Re: Liability insurance - including failure to operate

"Tower Security" <regsiemens@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On May 20, 8:34 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On May 20, 11:27 am, Tower Security <regsiem...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > We're considering doing some business into the US and our Canadian
> > liability insurer has indicated that there will be a ridiculous
> > premium increase to cover our US sales. I'd like to consider insuring
> > from the other direction i.e. are there US insurers that have less
> > problem with a large volume of Canadian sales vs. the other way
> > around?
>
> > Any suggestions on which company/agent I might consider?
>
> I think it would be kind of hard for a US company to know what a US
> insurer would charge for a Canadian company or even which insurance
> companys would insure a Canadian company. Do you have Hartford up
> there? I know they're a pretty big company and they used to issue
> policies for alarm companys. Isn't there a Canadian National
> association? You could ask them.

CANASA (the Canadian alarm association) has insurers that they
recommend and even provide a discount for members so I was hoping that
there might be something similar in the US and I was thinking those US
insurers might be less concerned about covering sales in both US &
Canada.  I'm not imagining anyone would know what premiums might be
involved, I'm simply looking for suggestions on which brokers and/or
insurers do "failure to operate" insurance for alarm companies south
of the border.  So if you carry liability insurance that includes
"failure to operate", who's it written with is all I was asking so
that I can make some phone calls and see if they would consider a
policy with a significant amount of Canadian exposure and what the
premium might be.

Contact the ESA via their website at http://www.alarm.org , they might be
able to help you out........

Regards,